1. On what day did God institute His Creation New Year?
Scriptures reveal that God established the Law of New Years by inaugurating Earth’s first New Year on SUNDAY JANUARY 1st on YEAR 1. However, we see that humans have deviated from God’s established patterns:
- The Gregorian calendar begins arbitrarily on any day of the week
- The Jewish New Year (which is Nisan, according to scriptures), begins in the middle of the month of April.
Should we worry about the deviation from God’s established pattern?
Yes. God established patterns for light, darkness, days and years for a reason. I have seen, for example, a terrible consequence of beginning new days at midnight. As I have shown, God’s pattern for new days or the 24 hour day cycle is sunrise to sunrise. Here are FIVE consequences of starting days at midnight:
- At least two days over lap.
- For example, Monday 29th August “began” at midnight.
- This means that we stole about 6 hours of Sunday
- Sunday overlapped with Saturday
- This is nothing but bedlam as far as God is concerned.
Detailed examination of the Holy Scriptures will reveal that people up to the time of Christ began days from sunrise to sunrise. Time therefore has “changed”, in a sense, under “newer and more modern” calculations.
2. On what day of the month did God command Moses to celebrate the Jewish New Year?
Exodus reveals that God gave the Jews a New Calendar system in order to reestablish His System for celebrating New Years on Sunday January 1st. When God established the Jewish New Year He commanded Moses:
“This month shall be … the BEGINNING of months… it shall be the FIRST month of the year to you” (Exodus 12: 1)
On what day was that FIRST Jewish New Year? The answer is revealed directly in the book of Exodus:
- The Passover was celebrated in the evening of Saturday 14th Abib or Nisan
- The Jews left Egypt on Sunday 15th Nisan
- This readily tells us that SUNDAY was the first day of the Jewish New Year and therefore the month of Nisan.
This is a perfect match with God’s Creation Calendar. I can easily show you other texts supporting this teaching that God always began New Years on Sunday 1st.
3. Is it important to follow the New Year pattern that God established?
Yes, it is:
- God’s pattern of beginning New Years on Sunday 1st helps humans to keep accurate calculations of days, weeks, months and years.
- Humans have disrupted God’s established order and chaos is the result.
- We would have been able to match dates and days in history without using a calendar.
- God uses NEW symbolically to refer to ENTIRELY NEW BEGINNINGS
- Beginnings speak of new creation and renewal – God always starts on a new page.
- People and nations that are renewed begin with God (three people with one name); God moving, God breathing or outpouring His Spirit, God speaking and establishing new things.
Most of all, when we follow God’s patterns, we begin to think like Him and understand how He thinks. I hear the Lord say that this is the MOST CRITICAL thing. Blessings!